Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Moving Apartments, Cancelled Appointments, and Bugs!

May 25, 2015

Dear Family,

Well this week was kind of a struggle. It didn't help that we spent almost two days of our week moving and cleaning our apartment. We live in a tall building and moved from the ninth floor to the first floor, luckily there was an elevator or we would have had to take everything down nine flights of stairs, not gonna happen. I would of just thrown everything off the balcony. The pros to the new apartment is that it is new, and missionaries have been living in our old apartment for almost thirty years. It is easier to get to the downstairs gym in the morning, and outside to our car. The cons, our beautiful view is gone, and we don't have carpet.

Most off our appointments that we had set up for the week didn't happen, but we did meet with Steven and Sister Voisey twice this week. We have been teaching Steven the discussions and he is progressing quickly, and with Sister Voisey we study certain topics in the scriptures with her. We blew her mind with the Good Samaritan Allegory, which symbolizes the plan of salvation, it is so cool. Now we have been studying with her the twelve tribes and patriarchal blessings, mostly Ephraim and Manasseh though.

We found a really good street to knock but it is really long so it will take us many days to do, the only problem is that there are so bugs and gnats swarming everywhere and you practically eat them when talking to people at the door. People probably think I am crazy when I flick my head from side to side trying to get them out of my face while talking. In the last hour of our week we found two new investigators, they are a Filipino couple and we had the wife as an investigator but we lost contact for a while and dropped her. But now we met with her and her husband this time and they want to learn more. The Lord works in mysterious ways and we are merely instruments.

Love, Elder Ray