Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Suites - $500, Shirts - $200, Mission - Priceless

May 18, 2015

Dear Family,

This week went by pretty fast, and the weather is great. We are getting to the point where we don't have to wear suit jackets outside. Well, we found a new investigator, her name is Lisa, and she is from Labrador. She was a former investigator and we found her in our record book. We taught her the Restoration and she wanted us to come back, so that's a good sign. We knocked a street one evening and twenty four of the twenty seven houses we knocked answered, that never happens. Many people usually aren't home so that was a good time for that street. We also did a lemonade stand with the sisters this weekend out on the boardwalk. It was a long holiday weekend and there were so many people there. It was disappointing how many people did not want free lemonade, but it started to pick up after a while.

And then there is our awesome investigator Steven. In the last week we taught him the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation and he understood and agreed with it all. Sister Voisey is always there and we do scripture studies with her. She is planning on going back to church and if she goes Steven will go, they are like a packaged deal. They are so much fun to visit and we have a really good relationship with them. Steven said yes to baptism but hasn't picked a date yet, we are so excited though.

Saturday evening was fun because our ward did a Meet the Mormons screening and the missionaries were in charge of the popcorn. The popcorn machine that we brought did not work and we had to get a backup...we had one job. And then the movie wasn't playing on the projector, we thought everything might not work out, but it did. I also got to see it for the first time, which is weird that I have not seen it when I worked at the movie theatre. It was really good and of course I cried, especially when they showed the missionary leaving scene. Loved seeing the people there. it was good to see Sister Ward there, who just went home from her mission three weeks ago but came back with her parents to tour her mission. She came with Alicia Kearley, who is getting ready to have a baby soon.

Also played some chair soccer on P-day with President Leavitt and some of the other elders in close areas, first time I played that game.

Suits-$500
Shirts-$200
Mission-Priceless

Love,
Elder Ray

 
Foggy picture fun at the beach

Elder Hansen and Elder Ray taking a selfie

Free lemonade stand at the boardwalk

This way or that way Elder Ray?

The distance between  houses makes for some long walks