Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Mother's Day

May 11, 2015

Happy Mother's day to all mother's, especially those who have children far from home. I hope it was a special day.

This was my first week with Elder Hansen. He is so cool and we clicked fast and I think that we work well together, so this should be a good transfer. I definitely had to step up and contribute more because I can't rely on Elder McGuire for the Cole Harbour knowledge anymore, I have to do things for myself. Yes, it makes me feel a little more stressed but now I feel like I am doing more.

We visited with one of my favorite families in the area, the Hatton's. We talked a lot about brother Hatton's motorcycle accident and he showed us his foot, which was just about ripped to shreds and he had to get it put all back together, it looks so weird but cool. I may have mentioned this before but I don't remember.

We were invited last minute to play softball with the youth for mutual because not enough of them showed up. We were too far from our apartment to change in time so we played in white shirt and tie. there is a first for everything. It was a great way to get involved with the youth and we had fun at the same time.

Every week we visit the Thompson's, who I love. I don't know if I mentioned but sister Thompson has MS and it is so amazing that they are going through the temple in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to go when they go through.

I said once that I loved to talk to people on the boardwalk, seeing as how it is right next to the ocean, but we tried a new way of starting conversation by asking people if they would take our picture. Those that did were the ones we talked to the longest, and we got some fun pictures out of it.

We had stake conference over the weekend and the whole stake being there was about the size of our home ward in Arizona, before it was split. Many of the messages shared were focused on the family which always hit home for me of course.

I think by this point I am adjusted to missionary life, though every day is different.

I love and miss you so much and have you in my prayers and mind always.

Love Elder Ray


Traffic control for stake conference

Eastern passage photo opportunity

Daily workout

Wearing a glove turns your hand orange

Cheering on the other players

Elder Ray and Elder Hansen in the game