Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Changes


May 4, 2015

Dear Family,

Skyping, that is a good question. I should be skyping at six p.m. which is like two or three o'clock for you. I may send a quick email later confirming this. It's sad that I miss everyone's birthdays, but that sounds like dad's kind of birthday. Wow, Nephi got a great place to go, he will be teaching a lot. Does anyone else already have their papers in?
  
As a mission we were challenged to read the Book of Mormon this transfer, and I am already on page seventy, so that is going well. This week has been very interesting. On Monday we were just going about our normal P-day and eating dinner. We got a call from the Misner's, one of the most missionary minded families I have met, wondering where we were for dinner. We didn't get the chance to see the meal calendar and did not know if any were scheduled that week. We changed quickly and raced down there, they were very nice about it and I ended up eating two dinners. Oh I was so full.
 
This week being the first week of the new transfer we had a zone training, and since my companion Elder McGuire is the zone leader, I was also involved in a lot of it. I got to be the music chorister and was involved in a couple of role plays. Right after the zone conference we went to help Heidi and her kids move. She was referred to us by the Misner`s. We spent a couple of hours moving boxes and furniture to their new house a few streets away. From doing this we got to know them pretty well and asked her if she wanted to take the missionary discussions. She said most likely, but after they get moved in, seeing as they are actually really busy. So we will be in contact with her in a few weeks to see where she is at.
We went to visit a less active one day, Sister Pretty, she loves to talk. She has had two brain anorisms in her life and has short term memory loss. She reads the Book of Mormon every night, but can`t remember much, so that`s why she keeps reading, which is good. We are going to try to visit her every week and get her back to church.
  
On Saturday we had exchanges again and I worked with Elder Taufer in Dartmouth today. Both of us are still new, and we didn`t have a GPS. Guess how many times we got lost? I want to say about four times. In the afternoon we helped Brother Ehler move out of his apartment. It seems like you move people all the time as missionaries. Then we taught Phillip, who I helped Elder Wilson teach once on a different exchange. We watched the John Tanner story with him and taught him about following the prophet, then committed him to stop drinking coffee according to the word of wisdom. He said yes to stopping coffee but not to cigarettes yet, he is slowly coming off those. Then we had dinner with the Lakes, Dave Lake being the one who was recently baptized. They are so awesome and I wish I could visit them more but I am not in Dartmouth. We were going to reteach Dave the Restoration but we were asked by his wife Tammy to teach him about tithing. That was awesome because in training that morning we practiced teaching tithing.
  
Our exchange day went a lot better than Elder McGuire and Elder Blum's day. They didn't tell us anything until we got back at night. During the day they were called by President and Elder McGuire had a meeting where he was released from being a zone leader, a trainer, and would be transferring to the Bridgewater area. What shocking and depressing news. He is relieved though that he has less stress now but we are not companions anymore. He is leaving today and my new companion will be Elder Hansen, who I briefly met once. It all happened so fast, and I am still kind of confused why, but we will adjust. It just made me more stressed because now I am the missionary in Cole Harbour the longest, the other three are new. Aah!
  
Along with that our investigator Alex dropped us and I wasn`t there for it. He talked with his parents and that`s all I know, so we are not meeting with him anymore. As for Steven, he is awesome but cancelled our visit with him this week. So today is my goodbye day to Elder McGuire. He has been my favorite companion, and has taught me a lot. Things are changing, they always will. I love you and miss being home, especially around birthdays.
 
Love, Elder Ray