Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Finding and Teaching

April 27, 2015
 
Dear Family,
 
Well, the Canada Halifax mission is one of the hardest missions in North America, so I have been told, and at this point can see. The church up here is pretty small, my friend Elder Algar, who is in the Grand Falls area has about eight people that come to church. A lot of the missionaries in the areas hold callings in their branches, luckily I am in a ward right now and it is unnecessary for me to have a calling. That would be cool though. I have learned a few weird facts here though. Jack Dawson, the character from the Titanic, is buried in Halifax, along with many others. When the Titanic went down some of the ship and many bodies washed up on shore here. 

Now that Alex is done with school, he was able to come to church today. It was a hour and a half broadcast over a big part of the country. I don't know if it is something you saw. During the broadcast many of the things that were said I had moments of, "Alex really needed to hear that" and "The ward definitely needed to hear that." Anyway, with Alex we finally taught him the Plan of Salvation but are not sure how much he got from it. The biggest thing that happened for him this week was that he finally prayed with us. Even though he started the prayer by saying, "Hey Lord how's it going?" it was still a great prayer. He is starting to take leaps of faith and keeping the commitments that we ask him to. With Steven, we taught him on Wednesday and Saturday. He has time to meet more than other people do because he is not in school and is looking for work. Our first meeting we just talked to see where he is at and why he wants to meet. With the reading twelve pages a day of the Book of Mormon that our mission is doing we committed him to do it with us, and he said he would, so that's great. Giving him that commitment also makes it so I have to as well. We found a new investigator named Carmil, she is from the Philippines. We were going to meet with her again but she had to cancel so we are not sure how solid she is. But the first time we met her and she let us right in to teach her my thought was, Is it this easy in the Philippines? They just let you right in? It was a cool experience seeing as how we almost never get into people's houses.

 
Elder McGuire and I were late to President Leavitt's birthday party and missed the surprise part because the line at the grocery store took forever. We still got some ice cream cake though. Also, I bet you that I will finish the Book of Mormon before you. I won't do that with Steph because I think she finished already and I just started. Thanks for keeping me updated on mission calls. Kaleb Schnepf is going to Idaho, that's awesome! Also Kaleb Strong, I think it would be great to go to North Carolina, that's exciting. 

So because it is transfer week sister Sharp and sister Ward are home now and the new Cole Harbour sisters are sister Shannon and sister Hull. Both will definitely help the Cole Harbour area progress. On Thursday we got to go to the temple, which happens every transfer day. I learn something new every time I go. Doing family history I have found a few names to take to the temple but have not done so yet. There are good and bad days but I will continue forward. Love you and miss you so much. 
 
Love, Elder Ray 

Do we go this way or that way?

The gangs all here