Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

The Miracle of Paying Fast Offerings

April 13, 2015

Dear Family,

Cole Harbour is interesting, it's like the land of the voice-mails, no one picks up their phone. It's weird, some days I don`t have to wear a heavy jacket, other days I do. It did reach 15 Celsius yesterday (Sunday). The weather here feels so amazing right now and I am told that everything gets beautifully green in the summer. Our investigator Alex is coming along, I think. We taught him about prayer on Saturday and committed him to pray throughout the week. He shared a personal story that was really intense and brother Moses (our ward mission leader who taught with us) shared a insanely powerful testimony to him. Let's just say there were no dry eyes. We now know that he needs to learn the plan of salvation because of this. Lessons like these remind me of why I am here and it helps me to keep going.

In the past week, though some days have been rough, my testimony has been strengthened. We were not having success in finding people to teach. I thought: Do I not have enough Faith? Am I doing something wrong? Then I came across one of my favorite scriptures during personal study, Proverbs 3:5-6. Take the time to look it up, because it changed my attitude. Saturday was our rough day in the week. We were getting discouraged that we couldn't find anyone new to teach, even after all we had done. When Sunday rolled around I was excited for church. It was our fast Sunday because Conference was last week. When we paid our fast offerings, which we hadn't in some time, everything seemed to change. I felt happier, and by the very end of our week, in the last hour, we found someone to teach. That experience strengthened my testimony on fast offerings, which is new because I have never paid them before, seeing as how Dad does it for our family. The person we found to teach is Steven, he is in his twenties and lives with a less active member. He attended the YSA ward yesterday and told us that he would like to join the church if he knew he was staying in Cole Harbour, he lives up in Labrador, where there are about three LDS members.

I can't believe the musical is already over, what are Stephanie and Stephen going to do with all their time? Do homework, yeah right. (When asked why he was cutting his hair in the ladies room in the picture last week) The ladies room. There are two washrooms in our apartment, one for each companionship, why they have signs on them I don't know. But the ladies room has the tub and the men's has the shower, so I'm guessing that's why. Let me tell you, cutting your hair by yourself is one tough cookie. Unfortunately I did not take any more pictures this week but there will for sure be some next week.
 
The Dartmouth Elders (the ones that we live with), have a baptism on Friday and we are going to attend. His name is Dave and he is awesome, I helped teach him once when we went on exchanges a few weeks ago. Things will hopefully pick up as we go into the summer. You are all in my prayers. Love you. 

Love, Elder Ray