Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

General Conference Weekend

April 6, 2015
  
Dear Family,
 
It has been a great week, though we are struggling to find new investigators to teach. The package came on Thursday, that was a lot of candy, but the Elders I live with enjoyed it too. So thank you, it made my week. Well, it's April yet the snow keeps falling, I think Spring will be here by June. Right now we are teaching Alex, and in our lesson on Saturday he said maybe to baptism, he needs time to think. It's not a no, so I am hopeful. We are using different ways to find people to teach to see what works best, experimenting. For conference we went to the sessions at the church. It was really great, I got a lot out of it. And if you did not get the overall message of Saturday sessions it was marriage and families, they made that pretty clear. It was hard to get up Sunday because the priesthood session ended at eleven so we didn't go to bed until almost twelve. For the Sunday afternoon session President Leavitt and Sister Leavitt invited the area missionaries to the mission home for dinner and to watch the last session of conference. Someone joked about wanting to get a picture with the prophet so we googled him and, hence the picture. Every week Elder McGuire and I visit the Thompson's, they are preparing to go to the temple for their endowment. Hopefully I will be there for it. Also brother Thompson gives us great health tips and now Elder McGuire and I are going to start juicing, maybe I can lose some weight. Also the amount of dogs that come at you when knocking doors is funny. There are so many big dogs here and it seems like everyone owns one. I saw my first raccoon on my mission, Elder McGuire was telling me about how a less active family served him raccoon for dinner once, it was roadkill and they cooked it. It is a lie that you eat a lot of seafood up here, I haven't yet. I have eaten a lot of lasagna though. Now that the snow is starting to melt, I am seeing spiders all over the place. Apparently there are almost more spiders in Atlantic Canada then there are in Brazil. The learning I am doing here will never end and the experiences I have will be with me forever. Stressed, yes, but happy. How is the ward doing?  I am happy to hear what's happening at home and all the great things you do. I love and miss you.

Love, Elder Ray

Easter Dinner and Conference at the Mission Home

Elder Ray giving himself a haircut
Cat Loving Companions
Ready to Work