Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Change is Good

June 8, 2015
 
Dear Family,

So as you know transfers happened this week, and going to Sackville is a big change for me. I spent the first three months of my mission in Cole Harbour and it was a great first area but it is time to move on, It was sad to leave but I am needed elsewhere. 
 
My new companion is Elder Sortomme who is from Washington state and he has been out for fifteen months.
 
I ended my time in Cole Harbour with a bang. The morning of transfer day we had two lessons in a row, both with single mothers, and they both became new investigators, have fun with them Cole Harbour missionaries.
 
After going to the temple which you know by now we do every transfer if you are in the Nova Scotia part of the mission at that time, and since the temple is in Cole Harbour, I got to go the past three times. Said goodbye to Elder Hansen and we changed companions. It only takes about forty minutes to drive from Cole Harbour to Sackville so it wasn't a bad transfer. I was in the Nova Scotia North Zone but am now in the Nova Scotia South Zone.

My first couple of days in Sackville were hard because yet again everything is new, but once I went to church everything changed. The ward is so awesome and everyone is so nice and friendly, I am super excited to work in this area now.
 
Right now we are teaching Wendell, who is in his sixties and he is investigating the church because of some things that happened in his life and is looking for change. We are also teaching Owen, who is in his seventies and he is almost done reading the book of Mormon, that is so cool!
 
Change is good, I think. Proverbs 3:5-6
 
Love and miss you all!
 
Love, Elder Ray


Goodbye photo with the infamous sister Voisey and Steven
Elder Hansen made the brave decision to cut his own hair
Second area - Sackville