Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Service in Sackville

June 15, 2015
 
Dear Family,
 
Sackville has been great, although it is different only living with one other person. This week we picked up four new investigators, What?! One of them is named Sarah, she is a super busy sports mom, and doesn't have much time to meet but we managed to do a quick visit, let's just say that is the fastest I have ever taught the Restoration. Then we also have Christina, her daughter Cortaya, and her boyfriend, Matt. They have many questions about religion and we are going to give them a bible along with the book of Mormon so they might stop reading the Jehovah's Witness Bible that they have. We haven't gotten in to see Wendell because he is really busy getting ready to go to Hong Kong for a month and is getting married. Owen is our man at the moment, he completed the Book of Mormon but hates all the war in it. He prayed about it but hasn't gotten an answer. We taught him about the Holy Ghost and he said he has never felt it in his life but we helped him to realize that he has. Now he is going to pray more and hopefully he will recognize an answer now.
 
We have been doing a lot of service lately. We volunteer at a thrift store and get to price and hang clothes. We also helped tear down an old barn for a member.
 
So, it is going to be just Elder Sortomme and I in Sackville starting this week because one of the sisters is going home, so the other is changing areas. Agh! Things are going to be busy more than ever.
 
Love, Elder Ray


Say hello to Elder Sortomme! Members make good food,
even when they can't have you over and make it for you still.
Cleaning chalk off the church building. Someone would have
gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for you rotten kids, and you dog too.
Get a taste of how green it is here. Take that Arizona. We took
 this picture at 9 p.m. The sun wasn't all the way down yet.
When doors won't open, use a window.
Welcome to Flip Burger, home of the Flip Burger can I take your order?
Per person it cost $28
Today we did something called the flip burger challenge.
So, you had to eat this huge burger, and a side of large fries,
in twenty minutes to get a prize... and satisfaction. It had to be
done within twenty minutes and no missionary has done it yet,
 until today. No, not me, but Elder Hansen. I feel accomplished
because  I did finish the burger but feel like throwing up even as
I  write about this.
There it isn't ladies and gentlemen, because I ate it.
Notice Elder Sortomee's reaction, I thought he was going to die. Haha.