Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Free Lemonade

May 30, 2016

Dear Hobos... I mean family, (Hope that's not offensive)

First District meeting of the transfer went pretty well. I can at least say that I am more comfortable giving trainings in front of people than I ever have before. Together our district discussed and made a plan on two things we are going to work on together this transfer, which are being more consecrated, and have more motivating love. Then I gave a training on Obedience, where we played Simon says to relate to it, it was fun.

On Thursday we found two new investigators (amazingly things are picking up). George and Joan are an old couple, like late eighties, early nineties kind of couple. George just got diagnosed with cancer and doesn't have long to live, and that's where their concerns come in. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and they had so many real questions that the lesson was so focused and the spirit was strong. We took brother Mackenzie with us and when Joan told us that she prays all the time, but doesn't feel like God answers her prayers, he turned to her and bore a simple, yet strong testimony of how God answers his prayers and how He will answer hers as well. It was the peak of the lesson, and was a very sweet moment for everyone. Before we began to teach them George said that if he felt like he didn't want to listen to us anymore he would ask us to stop. But by the end when we asked them if we could come back next week, he said, "Well I'm not going to buy a magazine that leaves me at a cliffhanger" Haha, they are a very special couple.

Starting to do some more creative finding with the summer just about here and the people are coming out to play. We did a lemonade stand, handing out free lemonade, in Lunenburg on Saturday and talked to a lot of people, mostly tourists. I have met so many people from all over the world just by standing in one little spot and calling people over. A lot of the time people don't speak English though :(

"Obedience brings blessings, Perfect obedience brings miracles." (Thanks aunt Suzanne for the quote, I used it in my district meeting)

Love You All!!

Love Elder Ray



Free Lemonade!

Before Elder Quinton went home, he went out with a bang...and I helped.