Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Road Trip

May 23, 2016

Dear Family,

We had a zone conference in Dartmouth on Wednesday and Elder Bennet from the Seventy was there to train us. Very inspirational man, that's for sure.

Brother Whiting, brother Edmonds, Elder Wilson and I roadtripped it together down to Lockport to see our investigator Lloyd. It's an hour and a half drive but while there brother Edmonds, the tech genius that he is, worked on their computer to find a way to skype them into church. The computer was so old and not working, it still had windows 98, so we are planning on getting an old computer from a member and setting it up for them. Oh we are so close with them. While he did that we had a lesson with Lloyd and went over the stop smoking program, and he is so willing to do it. Every morning we call him and check up on him to see how he's doing because we can't go see him all the time, and just this morning he told us that he wants to be baptized on June 30th because that's the day they lost a grandson so it would be even more special to them. I am so excited for his progression and how quick it is. I just pray that I will be here for that day because it seems that whenever I am teaching someone who is a bout to be baptized, I leave the area, and it's happened every time. But all that matters is that they do get baptized, I would just like to be there for at least one haha.

The youth did a potluck fundraiser one evening and our investigators, Patty and Linden, came to that and said that they really enjoyed it. It was a great time for fellowshipping and we also gave them a church tour and talked about the organization of it, which was one of Linden's biggest concerns but he seemed pretty interested.

We found a few new investigators this week which was a miracle. Kimberly and Cody, Elder Quinton and I found knocking but we had a lesson with them about baptism because Kimberly is concerned for her four month old baby and where to get him baptized, so we talked about age of accountability and what was interesting was that she said that people kept telling her to get him baptized but she thinks she should wait, and isn't really sure why, so we helped her out with that question.

Now Sheila was a former investigator and we tried so many times to see her but to no success. One day we were headed to Liverpool which goes by near where she lives but we didn't think much of it. As we passed by I got the impression that we should stop by, even though we just did a couple of hours before, and just then Elder Wilson turns to me and says,"I feel like we should stop by Sheila." So we turned around and did, and she was there. She just got home and was only there for a bit before having to run out again. We taught small portions of the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation, but then also talked about her future and finding hope in her life, as she has many hardships. It was a testimony builder in what following promptings can do.

The week was great, but now my responsibilities kick in again seeing as how I am starting to prepare more meetings for my district, but like I always say, "It will all work out."

Love you more than Abraham loved Isaac (Well, not sure about the whole sacrificial part so I probably can't) But I love you nonetheless!!

Love Elder Ray