Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

No Ordinary Week

May 2, 2016

Dear Family,

This past week I did my first baptismal interview for Katelyn, who was baptized on Saturday. She was being taught by the sister missionaries in Sackville. The same day we had a full schedule, and then three out of four lessons cancelled, so that was a bummer.

Had a good lesson with Lloyd, the investigator that lives an hour and a half away. One problem is that they don't have a web cam and so right now they can't skype into church or have skype lessons, but that is our next task, getting one set up for them. It would make it a lot easier for everyone.

Wednesday evening we were just about to leave to go on an exchange with the Kentville Elders for the next day when Elder Quinton cut his thumb open pretty good on jagged metal. We stopped by the church to print something off before we went and sister Caulfield was there so we asked her if she could look at it, seeing how by this point it was bleeding for 45 minutes. She put the hanging chunk of skin back in and put pressure on it, and just as I put a chair next to him he passed out and we had to catch him and sit him in the chair. Yep, then we went to the hospital and were in and out in about 45 minutes, which never happens at the hospitals here, so when we told people they were surprised at how fast it was. No stitches though so that's good. Then we drove to Kentville and got there late, obviously. What a crazy night that was.

In Kentville though, we went to a dinner appointment with the Messia's. They are from Barbados and are pretty hard to understand to where you have to pay super close attention. They are awesome though and so funny, and joked about me being white just because I didn't put anything on my "white rice" haha. (They are black)

We taught another investigator Rodney, who's mom and sister were there as well. But right before the lesson began his mom had to go back to work, so she left. Then half way through the lesson Rodney stands up and is like "I have to run to the bank real quick, I'll be back in fifteen minutes." Then he just ran out before we could say anything. We had sister Nilsson with us and she needed to go soon but we were awkwardly left there to wait until he got back. But we finished the lesson and he is willing to read the Book of Mormon, so something did come from the awkward lesson and it worked out.

No day has been ordinary since I started serving with Elder Quinton, it's always different, and you never expect it. If we knew what would happen throughout the day there would be days that I would just go back to bed, haha.

Love You more than Canadians love Hockey! (The stereotype is so real)

Love Elder Ray



And this is Popcorn.

New addition to the team. Still deciding on a name though,
so far it's come down to Lance or Puff.


We have one little dirt road to get out of our cabin and we were going out to
go knocking, but this then happened. Someones barn was on fire and the
fire chief wouldn't let us through so we had to wait until they were done.

FYI here is a picture of the town of Lockport.