Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Role Playing

May 16, 2016

Dear Family,

Thursday was transfer day and Elder Quinton is now home, he is finished. Now I am with Elder Wilson.
We did get to go to the temple though which was so good considering I haven't been in almost ten months!

We had a lesson on transition phrases (saying something that would transition from having a normal conversation into a gospel conversation) with one of our families that we are helping with member missionary work, and then Elder Wilson and I roleplayed an example of using a transition phrase. Then we had them do the same in a situation that was common for them with someone they knew, like seeing someone they know in a grocery store line. It was kind of fun, helping them to see what they can use in a conversation, I'm not sure they thought it was as fun as we thought it was. The wife has a hard time with conversations and that's why we roleplayed with her. She brought up that she can pipe into a conversation but is not one to start one...so we had her start one. It was awesome. They will be coming up with a few transition phrases of their own before we meet next.

Not a whole lot to report, just running around trying to get the area in shape and ready for the this transfer. Miracles are to come, I can feel it!

Love You!

Love Elder Ray


Transfers and Temple