Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Wednesday Transfer

June 22, 2016

Dear Family,

It has been a long week, especially from not having P-day until today.

Well, On Monday we went up to Halifax and played wiffle ball and chair soccer with like twenty other missionaries, that was a blast. And then we spent the night in Halifax with the Elders there. On Tuesday we did what is called a blitz, where we had lots of missionaries, working in one area for the day. So we blitzed Sackville, since they are having a hard time finding people to teach. There were fourteen missionaries there and we all worked really hard and had a good time working together. I think with many others there it helped us to be more motivated and more focused.

On Wednesday was the last District meeting of the transfer and I was a little nervous because President Pratt was going to be there because we had interviews afterwards. But it went really well, especially because when you are trying to do a training on what he wanted, it was easier because I could just ask him a question and he would talk about it for a while. He said that he was impressed on how the meeting went.

Wednesday night we read in the Book of Mormon with Patty and answered any questions she has. With her being a teacher she sees everything in like an English literature book kind of way and a lot of her questions were language based, but before we left we gave her another chapter to read and asked her to not really think as much about it but to recognize how she feels when reading it. So hopefully that will help her come to gain a testimony of it.

Friday morning we had the Sackville Elders over for exchanges and Elder O'brien and I went down to Lockport to see Lloyd. He is fairly stubborn with the whole not smoking. He wants to do it but in his own way really, which isn't working out too hot. But we did teach the Plan of Salvation and right away he says that he believes it. So cool!

Church was good, Elder Wilson and I both spoke but there were no talks on Father's given, like it wasn't even Father's Day. If I didn't have an assigned talk I would have done it for sure, but I talked about music instead, oh well. Anyways, Happy Father's Day!!

Well, it's official, it's time to leave Bridgewater.

Though this last transfer has been pretty hard I feel like I have learned a lot from it. I have really loved my time in this area and I always hate to say goodbye to those who have impacted me and touched my heart. A lot has happened, and in a way the ward and branches I serve in feel like home, a good warm feeling. I am going to Saint John, New Brunswick and will be companions with Elder Maughn, who I don't know too much about.

"We do the best we can and we manage the situation. But when we've done all we can do, we endure. Hang in there and count on light at the end of the tunnel." -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

I love You!!

Love Elder Ray



The Nilsson's!

Hirtles (also our wonderful landlords)


I FOUND IT!