Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Conference

October 3, 2016

Dear Family,

Oh My Soul! This past week was for sure an interesting one. Elder Hoole from the other Saint John companionship got emergency transferred to Caribou, Maine because one of the Elders there was going home to get surgery on his knee. :( So they needed someone for his companion. So Elder Maughan was put into a trio with us, so now I am serving with him again, at least for a short time. It's fun though, trios are awesome.

Friday morning we helped a member move, luckily they didn't have a lot of stuff to move, so it didn't take long. And then Saturday morning before conference we helped other members move, which they had quite a bit more stuff, and we still made it to conference on time, which didn't start until one in case you forgot. Our investigator Theron came to both Saturday sessions and throughout I was getting so much out of it, the spirit was so strong. And at the same time I kept thinking to myself, yes, he needed to hear that, sweet, he needed to hear that! It was so awesome! Wanting answers and confirmations for yourself is awesome but wanting someone else to receive answers makes it a different experience because you aren't really thinking of yourself but you are thinking of others, and that's one thing that I've recognized on my mission, is that the person you probably think the least about is yourself, because you are so focused on helping and loving others, but through it you find yourself.

Love You!
Love Elder Ray