Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Cruise Ships

September 26, 2016

Dear Family,

On Tuesday we drove to Fredericton for a zone training and a lot of it was focused on being more consecrated and becoming spiritual giants. It was sweet. Also a lot of the missionaries there were new or fairly new and I barely knew any of them. I looked at the last transfer list and very few people that I knew towards the first half of my mission are not on it anymore, they are all home. That's crazy, the mission is a whole new place now...I think I'm getting old.

On Wednesday we had a couple of lessons in the afternoon and Jake was planning on coming with us to them, but they both fell through. So Jake told us that three cruise ships were in right now and with him and the other Elders we went downtown to the square and set up a lemonade stand. There were so many people down there. It's hard to find people to teach because they are all from away but we passed out lots of church materials to people so it was awesome.

Our investigator Theron missed the Book of Mormon class this week but he did make it to Institute on Thursday, and we also invited him to General Conference, which he says he wants to go to because now he can since it doesn't start until 1 p.m. We also met with him and taught him some of the commandments, and we knew that he smoked so we were preparing ourselves for his answer to our commitment on the Word of Wisdom, and when we did he said that he quit smoking last week! Miracle! Already started! So we promised him blessings and will help him along.

It has been a crazy week where by the end of it I am just so exhausted, and we went from teaching six people and are now down to one. :(

Elder Sulzen is awesome though, he is learning and progressing so fast, it's crazy. We work hard but both love to joke around. It will be sad when he has to go to Utah.

The phrase "Do not be Afraid" is written in the Bible 365 times. That's a daily reminder from God to be fearless everyday.

Love You! Love Elder Ray