Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Continuing Progress

August 29, 2016

Dear Family,

We met with Matthew this week and started the stop smoking program with him. He is anxious to stop smoking and other things so we are doing all that we can to help him.
With our investigator Therom, with his situation right now he can't come to church but hopefully soon. But he did come to our Book of Mormon class on Wednesday and really enjoyed it, we even gave him a church tour so now he's at least familiar with the building and some more of the members.
Also, we got in touch with our investigator Karen, who we had lost contact with for about a month. She was starting to avoid us and not answer the phone or return calls, which was weird of her to do because she was really good at that before. I was thinking that we might have lost her but I didn't want to give up on her. So when we stopped by her apartment, you have to buzz in and they let you in, and luckily she did. She expressed to us that when she went to church a few weeks back that she felt welcomed, but maybe not as much as when she had come to the church many years back. Her expectation was that she was thinking it would be the exact same as before, but a lot happens over the years, things and people change. So we resolved her concern and she is willing to continue meeting with us and try again. Hurray!

On Saturday we had a ward activity where the primary had their games and other summer activities outside while the ward deep cleaned the chapel together, all the jobs that rarely get done. We called it our "Spring Cleaning." Then after all the jobs were done we had a BBQ outside, so much fun.

Love You!

Love Elder Ray