Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Investigators

August 22, 2016
 
Dear Family,

Pretty great week, full of work.

So Cool story, Amy, a less active that has been attending the Vineyard church for some years now, has been meeting with us for about two months now, and recently she just started dating this guy from her church. Last week he told her that he wasn't happy at that church and she had told him that she had been meeting with us. At this time they are both, together, going to be looking for a different church to go to, and Amy is already planning on coming to church next week and says that she will ask him to come to check it out and introduce him to us! Also, she has an eleven year old son, Eric, who came to church with her a few weeks ago and loved it.

We had it set up for four of our investigators to attend church, rides and all for those who needed them, but sadly none came. You always get your hopes up for that moment when they walk through the door, but nope, didn't happen, again. But we are focusing on not giving up, and helping them make it there. I mean, church is every Sunday, it's not like they will run out of opportunities to go.

Another less active that we are working with, Rob, hasn't really gone to church since he was a deacon. He has been diagnosed with MS in the last year. Because of his trial I think he has thought a lot more about his salvation. This last week we were going to teach him about marriage sealing because he always, every time we are over there, talks about how much he loves his wife, who isn't a member. And right before we started the discussion, he stopped us and said, I know what you are going to talk about, but I want to share something with you first. He said, "I was sitting here this morning and just thinking about a lot of things, and one thing that randomly came to my mind was, how am I going to get sealed to my wife?" It was so amazing so we used the new family and temples pamphlet to help him understand. The spirit definitely testified to him of temple work.

We were going through some old records of people that may be interested in the church that had come in contact with missionaries a few years ago and we had planned to visit a lady named Tracy. She is from China and was very nice. We started to talk to her about her experience with missionaries in the past but throughout the conversation she kept referring to the church as "our church" so we were like wait, are you a member? and she was like yeah. Haha this whole time we were in there thinking that we were going to start teaching her as an investigator but turns out she was a lost member. The ward couldn't find her so they took her name off the ward list and she hasn't been to church in a long time because she works on Sundays. How unexpected was that? Members turn up when you least expect it.

We also helped a member do some weeding and gardening. I'm going to be a professional gardener by the time I get home.

Love now until forever (Tarzan)

Love Elder Ray


Stopped by the gas station to fill up, and we saw this in the machine, a mormon.org card.