Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Ammon

October 17, 2016

Dear Family,

With Theron we may have a breakthrough. We were very straight up with him in our last lesson. We asked him what God would want his next step to be and he said, baptism. We said that that is right but that in order to be able to do that he has to be willing and coming to church. Long pause, then he said that he thinks he will just keep doing the Sunday lunch and flea market with his dad and his grandfather... we thought we were losing him at this point and that he made his decision. But then a minute later he was like, but my mom and dad are going to move to Florida in November for six months so I might be able to then. Holy cow, we had been freaking out over this and the whole time there would be an opportunity for him to come, we just have to wait. Once he starts doing that I think he will love it and continue to come even when his parents get back next year. He already comes to institute and our Book of Mormon class, he's never missed a lesson and he retains it so well, can tell you exactly what was talked about in the lessons he has. And he is reading the Book of Mormon for the second time. We had to take him off date for now though until later in the year, but are hoping to help him pick a new date soon.

On Saturday we helped a less active from St. Stephen move into Saint John (btw the license plate on the U-haul was from Arizona) and the sister missionaries there were teaching two of her kids and starting next week we will be teaching them, they are both primary aged girls, hopefully they like us as much as they did the sisters, haha.

We had stake conference this weekend and it took place in Fredericton so it was being broadcast to our chapel. And when we showed up like three taxis pulled up and this group of Mormons got out to come to church, they were from the cruise ship but it was Sunday so they went to church. But they looked bored though, haha I probably would be too. Watching someone else's broadcasted stake conference on your cruise ship vacation. They get points for trying.

Before we went to see Rob, the less active we have been meeting with every week, we didn't have anything to teach him, and had been trying all day to think about what he needed. He was our last appointment of the day and we were on our way, not sure what to do. Elder Sulzen asked me in stake conference a few hours before what we were going to teach and all that came to my mind was Ammon, nothing else, just the name Ammon. But I didn't think that would apply to him at the time. So as we were driving to his house, Elder Sulzen asked me again, and all that came to mind was the name Ammon, but for some reason I didn't say what I was thinking to him. In meeting with Rob, we talked for a bit and then somehow got on the topic of decapitation, then it hit me, yep, we're about to talk about Ammon. Just then Elder Sulzen opens up his scriptures and says that he wants to turn to the story of Ammon where he cuts peoples arms off and why. I am not sure what Rob needed to take from it but we felt that that is what should be talked about. Right after we left Elder Sulzen said to me that even though I didn't say before that I was thinking about Ammon, he knew that I was, because that's what kept coming to his mind too. I love the way the spirit works. We don't always know what people need, but the spirit does. It was a spiritual experience for us both, such a cool way to end the night.

Love You all so much! Keep truckin'

Love Elder Ray





Was wearing this tie all day and no one knew, goes perfect with a sweater

Was defrosting a frozen banana and it was set for nine minutes
but I was going to leave it in their for only one...but then I forgot
about it and seven minutes later I realized, IT WAS STILL GOING! Haha.