Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Transfer to Bridgewater

February 8, 2016

 Dear Family,

From Monday to Wednesday morning I got to go to Summerside on an exchange with Elder Barr. First time in Summerside in the six months I've been here. It was great to work in a new area for a bit, not seeing the same small town like I do every day. Funny thing is, Elder Barr's companion accidentally took the areas phone with him, so for two days we did everything without a phone. Let's just say, missionary work is kind of hard without one. Elder Barr is awesome though, and he is also waiting for his visa to go to his mission in Dallas Texas.

Sunday night we taught a lesson to the twins of some members in the branch about Baptism because they are turning eight in April. We used a cool object lesson that they loved. If we didn't do something to capture their attention for the lesson it would have been much harder.

Turns out my time here in Montague has come to an end. Six months is quite a long time but I always knew there would be a time that I would have to leave. It just came faster than I wanted it to. I am so grateful for the time I have gotten to serve here. I truly will miss the people that I have met and taught and hope to visit again after my mission. I have seen hearts softened, miracles happen, and lives change. I feel so close, so comfortable here, and am sad to go. But I think that's why I need to go, it will just be harder if I stay longer. Being in a branch is an amazing experience. A small group of people who are so strong in the gospel are keeping this place alive. I will be heading back to the province of Nova Scotia, where I was for the first six months of my mission and will be serving with Elder Quinton in Bridgewater. The apartment there is sick though, it's a cabin in the middle of the woods, I've been there a few times before from past exchanges.

It was an adventure serving with Elder Kleinkopf and Elder Smith, our squad. It was so fun and I have learned much from them. We have experienced and grew together and sometimes it seemed like we weren't companions, but roommates. I will miss them and will definitely see them around. It will be sad when Elder Smith goes to California, but hey, maybe I will drop by and visit him toward the end of his mission. But Elder Kleinkopf, ya know, lives five minutes from us in AZ so no doubt we will see each other around.

Things will always change, you just got to go with it.
Alma 29:9
Love You's!
Love Elder Ray