Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Halfway There, Livin On A Prayer

February 22, 2016

Dear Family,

We got to do some service for a museum this week where we helped clean and move/store artifacts. It was pretty cool, but it's probably not the kind of museum that you are thinking of. It's a small one where they display like old farm equipment and inventions, basically things from the 1800's. It was still fun though.

We thought we had mice in our attic, which we do. But they were all hiding and wouldn't come out because of the squirrel that was in there as well, who we named Scraps. But we killed him with a rat trap, I guess peanut butter is too hard to resist. Well, I should probably relate this to the gospel so, at times when things seem too good to be true, they probably are. When we avoid and resist temptations, we will be saved from the "traps" that could be harmful to us. Now the mice are out roaming free in the attic, but not for long.

Because the missionary work is pretty slow here and not too much happens with investigators, well, as much as we would like it to, our goal, in the Bridgewater ward, under the direction of President Pratt, is to teach the members how to be member missionaries, and build an institute class. Because we are not always going to be here and the members are, and know the people, and the area a little better, we are training them on inviting people to come unto Christ in many different ways. Elder Quinton and I are working on and creating a curriculum for the members. As for institute Elder Quinton is the Institute teacher for the semester and I am here to support, participate, and influence the class, which is about four people so far, but we are working on it. Investigators are still a focus though for sure so don't worry about that. Every mission is different and needs different things, baptizing or building up the members, it's all the work of salvation. So what if others don't think we are being successful because we don't baptize, I know that I am successful and am fulfilling my purpose in the areas that I serve, and I love it.

Love You!

Love Elder Ray