Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Service

November 9, 2015

Dear Family,

It has been a long week, and this upcoming might be the same.

But good things have happened this week.

On Wednesday we performed with the high school choir for their Remembrance Day assembly for the Veteran's, it was awesome, and a big part of the community saw us in it. As missionaries we are a huge support to the veterans and to the Legion here because we do so much service for them.

We also did quite a bit of service helping people stack their wood for the winter, which left me pretty sore the next day but it was fun, good workout too.

On Friday we had a branch activity where everyone brought a soup, a stew, or a chowder for everyone to try. Elder Shambrook and I also put together a talent show for the evening and I did the song Danny Boy (BYU Vocal Points rendition) in sign language, people enjoyed it.

Well we only had one investigator lesson this week because the others kept falling through...
But we did teach Joe about Agency and applied it to his smoking situation. He is having a hard time with it but he is really working at it, I am sure that he can do it, it may not be in the time that I am here but he will.

Love you all!

Love, Elder Ray



Soups and Stews Night!

In the UK they have a holiday they call Bonfire Night (November 5th),
because Elder Shambrook is British we had to celebrate it,
but we weren't allowed a bonfire so therefore...
roasting marshmallows over a candle.

It's gonna eat me!

This one was hard to find.