Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Remembrance Day

November 16, 2015

 Dear family,

On Wednesday, Remembrance Day, we helped the veterans at the Legion with their ceremony and also helped serve food for their luncheon afterwards. I know we have Veteran's Day in the States but it doesn't seem to be a very big thing for a lot of people. Here it is a big holiday, to honor the veterans and it was really cool to be a part of. We were very involved with it because we have been helping at the Legion every week.

Here it is that time of the year where everyone is cutting and stacking wood for the winter so we help some members with that every week, does make me sore but is still fun.

For the past couple of weeks we have been visiting a less active member from the Charlottetown area because they were in a hospital in our area. But when we went to visit him this week a lady said that he had been discharged and she wasn't allowed to tell us where he went, soooo he's kind of gone.

We taught Joe this week about accepting help to help him accept support and other things to try to help him stop smoking, he is pretty much a member though, he always comes to church and branch activities, it's just this one, very difficult thing for him, but he has been happier this past week than I have seen him since I've been here.

Our other investigator David, who didn't seem the most solid, dropped all our appointments this week, we kept rescheduling and he was never there so sadly we might be losing him.

And yes, transfers are happening this week. Elder Shambrook is leaving and going to New Glasgow in Nova Scotia. He has been fun to work with and have had a blast making the missionary video, but everyone has to go at some point, he has been here for six months. My new companion will be Elder Kleinkopf, who is, take a guess, from Arizona! He went to mountain view high school. I met him before at a zone conference so I know a wee bit about him.

This upcoming week should be interesting but am kind of ready for a change.

Love you all more than Medusa loves her stone statues!

Love, Elder Ray


PEI District 2.0


Remembrance Day!




Chasing Pheasants at the church