Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Companion Transfer

November 23, 2015

Dear Family,

Well, the first half of the week we spent a lot of time visiting all the members so that Elder Shambrook could say goodbye to everyone. He was pretty sad about it and I mean who wouldn't be after being there for six months with so many awesome people? I was even started to feel sad with all the goodbyes and I wasn't even the one leaving, which means it will be a lot harder when I do have to go.

On Thursday (Transfer Day) said so long to Elder Shambrook and Elder Batley and they left, so I spent the day in Charlottetown with Elder Larson while we waited for our new companions to arrive. It was sweet though because we went out to talk to people on the street and in Montague you can't really do that because Montague is so small and like no one is outside, so I was like aw, so many people!

When Elder Edge and Elder Kleinkopf arrived, all four of us spent the evening helping serve food and clean at a soup kitchen, run by Mckenna, who is from Kenya but lived in New York for a while and now here. She is so funny and loves the missionaries. She was taught before but she doesn't quite like meeting because she gets so attached to the missionaries and then they just up and leave and she doesn't want that to keep happening and is disappointed that we don't stay longer.

Elder Kleinkopf is awesome though, you know being from Arizona and all. Jk, but there are lots of things for us to talk about back home which is cool, and surprisingly doesn't make me homesick. I guess it only takes nine months to get over it. He is such a hard worker though and we will get a lot done this transferred, hopefully find some new investigators because we have been dry for a while.

Sunday morning we had the opportunity to go to the Montreal temple re-dedication (being broadcast throughout some of the chapels in our mission) and it was really cool to be a part of.

In the evening there was a Book of Mormon fireside and we had Ron, who is just about an investigator but not yet because of his work schedule, come to the fireside, and he thought it was very informative.

Great week, but hopefully it continues to go up from here.

Love you all!

Love, Elder Ray



...We tried.

I have come to love ties....I think I have a problem.

When one scarf isn't enough and your necks still cold.