Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

New Goals and New Contacts

November 30, 2015

Dear American Family, (Cause you know I got a Canadian family too)

On Tuesday we spent the whole day in Moncton for a zone conference where we learned new things for this upcoming year. As a mission we have new standards and new goals that will get us to work even harder and work more effectively. This week we will be having a Tour de Faith, where all meetings in the mission are cancelled for the week and we will be dedicating all our time to finding new people to teach. But it is a competition between the elders and the sisters throughout the mission, and whoever wins serves the other at our Christmas Conference.

For American Thanksgiving our dinner appointment got cancelled so Elder Kleinkopf and I made some burritos, doing it Arizona style because Mexican food is scarce up here.

We planned well for this week and actually had quite a few appointments happen so that kept us fairly busy. After almost a month of praying and trying to find someone new to teach, we found two new investigators this week, Jennifer and James, who had been taught a little in the past and are going through a rough patch right now and want to learn more/get more into religion.

On Sunday Elder Kleinkopf and I were pretty much church. It was the primary program for sacrament meeting and we were a part of it because they needed more people to sing and speak there being only five primary children and all. Then we taught youth Sunday school, like we do every week. And then because it was fifth Sunday we also taught a combined third block about less actives and ways to reach out to them.

This week I also found out that Gary and Owen, two investigators that I had been teaching back in Sackville, were both baptized in the past couple of weeks! I was allowed to call and congratulate them and they both expressed how grateful they are for the time I was there. I am sad that I couldn't be there for their baptisms but am very grateful I still got to be there for part of their journey. It helped me to realize even more the importance of this work and the blessings that come from it. It isn't easy, but it is worth it.

Love You All!!



Celebrating American Thanksgiving with Mexican Food.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
(with our tiny tree) haha