Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Canada Day and Miracles

July 6, 2015

Dear Family,

WEEK OF MIRACLES!

What a roller coaster of a week, tough but one of the best, most rewarding weeks of my mission. Here we have a standard that we try to reach every week but most don't hit it. There is the silver standard, and there is the gold standard, and Elder Sortomme and I hit gold this week. I have never hit even silver on my mission and this week the work just blew up, like a firework. Speaking of fireworks, this year I got to celebrate Canada Day (July 1st). The work was a down kind of day because it being a holiday the desire to work is harder and it doesn't help that it is a day that absolutely no one wants to talk to you.

Our miracle on Canada Day though is that a member referred us to his friend, Gary, who has had many trials in his life and is looking to God for help. He was so engaged in the lesson and also committed really quickly to baptism on August 22nd.

Thursday, at zone conference, we officially met President and sister Pratt. They are awesome, and pretty funny too. They say that they are the mission President, and the mission President's boss, haha.

On Saturday we had three lessons in one day, and we got members to all of them, which was a miracle in itself because we spent all week stressing over finding people to go but it worked out. Shane, who we picked up as a new investigator, met with us at the church, taught him, he wants to change his life and committed to baptism on August 22nd, same day that we have Melissa for and Gary for, what an amazing day that will be.

Gary and Shane both came to church, which having people come to church can be really difficult, and two came. I am so excited for them. What amazed me is that Shane offered to give the closing prayer in Elders Quorum.

Everything this week went so well, and I have never prayed and relied on the Lord more, The work will go forth.

I love you all so much and hope things continue to go well.

Ether 12:27

Love Unfeigned, Elder Ray



Went to a Canada Day celebration in the park for lunch.

Happy Canada Day!!

Happy Canada Day!!

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in Heaven. Matthew 5:16

Service Night and dinner with the Elders Quorum.

Happy July the Fourth Americans!!

Happy July the Fourth Americans!!

A couple of weeks ago one was taken down, and now yesterday another. :(