Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Focus on Teaching

July 13, 2015

Dear Family,

I am a point in my mission where we don't have to be finding people all the time because we can now focus on people we are teaching. Though we are only teaching four people right now, Shane, Gary, Owen, and Melissa, it is busy and consistent. Last week we taught Shane the law of chastity and he is going to keep it, once he does that for a while there is nothing else stopping him from being baptized. With, Owen, we gave him a church tour on Saturday and we didn't know he was waiting in the parking lot for a half hour but we were inside watching out the window for him to pull up and apparently he was there before we started watching for him, so thankfully he didn't leave but waited. #Godismercifultoidiots Owen expressed that he may attend, but hasn't yet. With Gary, we started the plan of salvation and he is so excited to learn. He is really excited for his baptism and even announced that in church yesterday, so we are going to try and move it up a few weeks. For Melissa things are coming along slowly because of her ADD but we are taking it slow and focusing on like two points of the lessons at a time, so we started the plan of salvation with her.

On Wednesday and Thursday we had an exchange and I spent those days with Elder McGuire, my first companion. It was fun to work together again and I didn't realize how hard he worked until now.

Yesterday we had lunch with the MacLennan family and they have a room full of musical instruments like we do, a piano, a drum set, a fiddle, a saxaphone, a guitar. They were playing and it made me miss playing instruments and singing together.

We got our transfer letters and fortunately I will be in Sackville for another transfer, which is good because I feel like I have only just put my feet in the water, I have yet to jump in. Elder Sortomme has been in Sackville for six months and will be going to Yarmouth, so my new companion will be Elder Wolvers, who is coming from Newfoundland. I have never met him so I can't say anything about him yet. Love you all and hope you have a great week.

Missions, I tell ya, they change you.

Love Forever,

Elder Ray



Stop, collaborate, and listen.

We were knocking one evening and getting kind of discouraged from facing rejection,
but all it took to brighten our day was this cat that we saw.