Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Promptings and Patience

July 20, 2015

Dear Family,

Another transfer has come and gone. This week has been a little slow and hard, it being transfer week and all, but the work shall go on. On Monday we were supposed to meet Gary and when we went we knocked, we rang, and we called, nothing. We walked away, that was supposed to be the highlight of our day. About an hour later, I had a feeling that we should try again, and when we made it back, he answered the door. He was sleeping and had just woken up right before we rang the second time around. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he loved it. It just comes to show how important it is to listen to the Holy Ghost and the promptings you get, because it blessed not only Gary but Elder Sortomme and I as well.

On Transfer Day I spent the day back in Cole Harbour with Elder Hansen, so that was fun, working with him again. I was there because Elder Wolvers, my new companion, flight was cancelled from Newfoundland because of the weather so he was delayed getting here. Elder Wolvers is pretty good, he talks A LOT, but that's okay.

There is this member in Dartmouth, Bryanna. She is a recent convert and always has questions. For some reason she always calls us though, but she has had two dogs die in the past month and is heart broken, so we answered her questions pertaining to life after death and helped comfort her. These situations can be difficult but are the most spiritual.

With the church members here I am a lot closer and know them better than in Cole Harbour, mostly because I was brand new out and had a hard time talking to people but it has gotten much easier now. It's amazing how far you can go and how much you can change in just a few months. I love it here, though some days are hard, they always end well.

Alma 7:23-24
And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
And see that ye have Faith, Hope, and Charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

Love You!

Love Elder Ray



If you were wondering , this is what a missionaries desk might
look like at the end of the week, at least our does.

One of my favorite Maritime couples, the Haas's.

Always love having dinner with them.

I love the Winsor's cat.

His flat face makes him look forever unhappy.