Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Service

January 23, 2017

Dear Family,

It's the last stretch of the runway.

Short week, seeing as how P-day was on Wednesday. During that day though we attended an online training for the Canadian Blood Services to start doing service there, so that will be good. Speaking of service we try to go to the soup kitchen every Friday evening to volunteer and usually there are three or four of us. That night there were quite a few volunteers, mostly high school students. We had like seven people, it was crazy and the kitchen was not big enough for all of us. More people, less work I guess. Haha.

Friday we had planned a basketball activity but invited people last minute and the only one to show up besides us was someone the sisters were trying to start teaching. So yay for him but it was pretty awkward with just the three of us. We couldn't really play anything so we just shots hoops for like 45 minutes. Oh well.

Church was good, we had Mike come today, the guy who showed up at the church the week before asking to be baptized. We followed up on his reading and he just finished 1 Nephi. Had a lot of good questions and even a lot of good comments during the class. He stayed for all three hours which not a lot of people do for their first time. After sacrament meeting he asked us if that was it and we said there was a class, do you want to go? He was very hesitant and thought for a long minute, then said he would. phew. Great guy, I'm super excited about him.

After church we had a lesson with a member’s husband who is not a member and he had the idea that God was not perfect because he made a mistake in creating non perfect people (he used Hitler for his example). So really we talked about Adam and Eve and Agency, which cleared it up pretty good. He says that he retracts that statement and his new one is that People are flawed, not God is imperfect, interesting lesson.

Love You!

Love Elder Ray