Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Long Week

January 30, 2017

Dear Family,

It was a pretty long week, but also really good at the same time. We had a worldwide missionary broadcast that you may have heard about already since it's probably what every other missionary is going to mention in their emails this week but I like the changes. The First Presidency has given us the opportunity to use our Agency more with things like studies and such. Lunches are only a half hour and P-day starts two hours earlier. Planning is in the morning now instead of at night, and President Pratt now wants us in bed by 10. Reporting key indicators has changed, where we really only report about half of what we used to, which tells us what everyone's focus needs to be on, and it's something that I think will be awesome for missionaries once they get used to it. Fortunately and unfortunately I only have to live it for a month.

Thursday was our first time doing service at the blood clinic, which was super easy, and rather a little boring. We were the servers in the food area so when people were done giving blood we just assisted them in getting anything to eat or drink. We are planning on doing it once a week though. We also taught our investigator Mike, who is doing great. We taught a full Restoration, and committed him to pray about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and he said that he already prayed about the Book of Mormon. He sponged it all up, the spirit was very present in that lesson and Brother Steen was a great help as well. He's hoping to be baptized at the end of February and I pray it happens before I leave, haha. He came to church again for all three hours and is reading and praying regularly. He is awesome and progressing really quickly. He asked us if when ever we read or prayed if we got a warm or fuzzy feeling inside us. Mike recognizes and feels the spirit and he came to see that for himself as he has kept commitments. Pray for him!

We helped someone move a bit on Saturday, which I haven't helped someone move in quite some time so that was good again, not too many people seem to be moving in the winter. I don't blame them.

This morning we played some pool and shuffleboard with the Montague Elders at the Montague legion, where I used to help do service for an investigator there. Memory flashbacks when you go to familiar places, fun time though.

Love You!

Love Elder Ray