Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

The Lord's Representatives

July 25, 2016

Dear Family,

On Wednesday I went on an exchange with Elder Smith in Hampton (I know, classic name, right). He is awesome though. We helped a member in the KV ward push hay bales out from the top floor of his barn, it was sweet.

On Thursday we traveled to Fredericton for a unexpected zone conference, we usually only have one a transfer but President Pratt thought that what he wanted us to be trained on couldn't wait. Afterward I was like, I have been craving Subway all week, let's go get some for lunch, but just then the zone leaders announced that we were all having Subway provided by the mission. Prayers came true, haha.

One day we were walking downtown, the busy streets, and this guy (his name is Paul) looks at us and asks, "Are you Jesus?" I don't know if he was kidding or not or if he was all there at first but we told him that we were representatives of him. Then he asked us about the church and how he could join. He was standing there holding a cigarette and when he asked us how to join in my mind I was thinking, tell him about having Faith in Jesus Christ and baptism, but I guess that's not what the spirit wanted. I found myself talking about the word of wisdom and how in order to join Christ's church, we need to do what God wants us to, which included keeping our bodies clean from those things like smoking and drinking. It seemed to interest him and we are going to meet with him this week.

In many of the areas that I have served in we usually teach in the home, which is ideal, but here in Saint John I feel like we teach just as many lessons in the park and on the street as we do in homes. And it is awesome.

Recently a group of Filipino people started coming to the church on Saturday nights to practice volleyball, and now us missionaries and some of the members go and play with them. They are not members but we are working on that. Why not have fun while doing missionary work , am I right?

Love You!
Love Elder Ray


Highest I've seen it so far, and with the humidity, it feels sticky.