Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Investigators and Less Actives

July 18, 2016

Dear Family,

On Thursday we visited Amy, who apparently is a less active member, but there are no church records for her and she has always been in Saint John. So it was a miracle that we ran into her on the street. She attends another church right now but wants to go back to church and see if that's what she wants to do again. It was funny because we asked her what she liked about her church and I think she said more about what she didn't like than what she did. Then we asked her what she liked about the LDS church and she talked about the family feel and a lot of other things. She said, "Uh, every time you come over you just get me talking about what I miss, dang it." Haha I think whatever we're doing is working, the spirit definitely testified to her what she could change and how it will bless her and her family. We hope to see her at church this Sunday.

We met with our solid investigator Karen on Friday and taught her the Plan of Salvation, she had a lot of good questions, mostly about Adam and Eve. She had a concern about being intimidated, really by just not knowing enough, and wants to learn more before she picks a date for baptism. I shared how I was baptized when I was eight and asked her if she thought I knew everything by then. Of course not, it comes over time by learning and study. We talked about how it comes by Faith in Jesus Christ and we promised her that if you picks a date, a goal to work towards, that she will be ready by then. She is going to pray about it and we are going to see what happens in our next lesson. But she did come to church on Sunday, which was really awesome.

We met with quite a few Less Actives this week and some are progressing more than others but hey, everyone is on a different level, we just need to help them "level up."

Now, I've heard a lot about Pokemon Go, and what's funny is you can just about point out who is playing it. In a way it helps us out as missionaries because we are starting to see more people outside to talk to, haha.

"Be strong, live the Gospel even if others around you aren't living it at all." -Elder Holland

Love You!

Love Elder Ray



Welcome to Saint John!




Filled the bathtub so you could see what the
water looks like here, pretty green eh.