Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Crazy Lemonade Stand

July 11, 2016

Dear Family,

On Thursday we had the Hampton Elders, Elder Smith and Elder Johnson, spend the day in Saint John with us on exchanges. Elder Smith has only been out for three months and is training Elder Johnson, who has been out like three weeks. I went with Elder Johnson and we went to teach our investigator, Karen. We resolved her concern about tithing very well and she is not really worried about it any more. We then taught the Restoration and she remembers it from missionaries taught her like twenty years ago. One thing Elder Johnson needed to do as part of his training for the week was to invite someone to be baptized, and he did. It was at the perfect moment too it's crazy how the spirit works. Karen said yes, that she would, but a little down the road, so she didn't commit to a date yet but we do have a yes!

The four of us did a lemonade stand down at the square and as usual we met some crazies, just like we do everyday. But the stories that I have won't be put into words, sorry. I'll save them for when I get home, and some I may never tell. Haha.

Games night on Friday with the ward got intense, it was so competitive, which made it so fun. I even took a video to prove it to you. We had a couple of investigators there so I'm sure they think we are all crazy now, haha.

From talking to people on the street, we ran into two different less actives that aren't on the Saint John records, probably in another ward or branch so we'll have to find them. But one of them, Amy, was totally fine with us coming over and she has a non-member friend/boyfriend/husband (don't know yet) so hopefully, depending on where this goes, we can teach him too. Then the other lady, Ida, we met her in the square. She was sitting on a bench reading a book, and you always feel a little awkward interrupting. At first when we introduced ourselves I thought she was going to throw her book at us, she didn't look very pleased to see us. When I asked her name she didn't say anything. But when I asked her what she did for work she opened up and talked about it for like a half hour and basically told us her whole life story, and we just stood their and listened. By the end, she gave us her name, number, and said that she has her lunch breaks their everyday and that we could talk with her again. The change from just one question and just listening to her made all the difference, it was awesome.

For fourth of July we went hiking as a group and it was so beautiful. Then for dinner we went fishing with some members to try to catch some grub, but nobody got even a bite. So we did sausages over the fire instead. Great Holiday!

Have a great week!
Love You!
Love Elder Ray
 
We were playing What are the odds while doing a lemonade stand,
if you don't know what that is then ask someone.
But I lost and I had to go over and ask if I could wear this guys mad hatter hat.




Fourth of July Hike!






HAPPY CANADA DAY!!