Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

District Leader

March 30, 2016

Dear Family,

What a crazy weird, long week it has been, and in long I mean that it was nine days until we had a P-day.

Friday night we and the sister missionaries and sister Harlow and brother Whiting, spent the evening setting up for the Easter Pancake Breakfast and Egg Hunt that we planned for Saturday morning. It was a big success in our eyes, many less active members and non-members came and enjoyed it. Elder Quinton and I served the pancakes while the sisters went around and talked with everyone.

Easter Sunday was a bit of a struggle though when you and your companion are fighting head colds and have to teach a lesson, but we pushed through.

We stopped by a referral that a member had given us and this couple, Patty and Linden, are awesome. They have met with missionaries before and had some struggles then but seem super open to having us over to teach them more. They even invited us over for dinner this week, which is awesome when a nonmember invites you for dinner. Member work is where it's at, the Nillson's, who were the ones that referred us to them, have been super good examples and member missionaries to Patty and Linden opening the door to them receiving the gospel. The Lord truly does prepare people, in His own way and in His own time, but He does.

It's also transfer week, and Elder Quinton and I are both staying in Bridgewater, a big part President said is to finish the Institute semester, and to finish the program that we have been working on. Also I have been called as a District leader, so that will be cool. But with the program on member missionary work, we created a training and us and the sisters will be traveling the mission next week and training the whole mission on this new initiative. No pressure. I'll be on a plane sooner than I thought I would be, seeing as how now we get to go to Newfoundland for a bit, but it will be so cool. It will be my first time doing a training and it happens to be in front of everyone, but we have three different conferences because the mish is super spread out, so three trainings. This is huge, a lot is happening... I'm pretty nervous not gonna lie.

"Every Member A Missionary" -David O. Mckay

Love You All! Happy Late Easter!

Love Elder Ray



When you hardcore photo bomb your districts picture.

The chefs from the Easter Breakfast.