Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Teaching

March 14, 2016

Dear Family,

Earlier in the week we met and talked with Archie, who is a Buddhist but loves the Mormon church. He is so involved in Buddhism but he said that we get it, we have it, and he knows it, and that if he wasn't a Buddhist that he would be a Mormon. He said that nothing has shaken him in his Buddhism except for Mormons... what was crazy is that he talked a lot about God and Jesus Christ as if he believed in them but when we asked him if he believed in God he said no. Oh we were so confused. He asked us to what end is the point in meeting with him, so we straight up told him that we would be there to go through some discussions with him, have him do things like read, and pray, and go to church, and then eventually he would need to be baptized. He liked that we were up front with him and not beating around the bush. He said that he could see why Christ was baptized but that he didn't feel that he needed it. We marked in the Book of Mormon where Christ appears to the Nephites and teaches them about baptism, then committed him to read and pray about it, and he said that he would. It was a crazy lesson, and we are hoping to meet with him again but he never seems to be home or answer the phone, but we pray we will work with him, it will be interesting.

While Elder Quinton taught Institute this week I went with a member in the ward home teaching to a less active member. This member is very involved in a German club and we got talking about the name Schnepf, and he asked me some questions and I realized that I have no idea about our families names/ancestors but he loves to talk about it. So maybe one day I'll look into it.

We did some good service this week as well. We helped make lunch packages at a food bank and we also helped Andrea, who we were helping move last week, finish moving on the weekend. Couches, beds, and dressers to move for days, haha.

Weeks go by fast. Cherish the moments you have. Look for all the blessings and miracles in everyday life. The bad is always followed by the good.

Love You so Much!!

Love, Elder Ray


Building lunches at the Food Bank

Winter's not over quite yet.