Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Worldwide Missionary Broadcast

January 25, 2016

Dear Family,

This past week was great. After struggling for a couple of months, we found a new investigator. One evening we were knocking, but not having any success, and the last house on the street we met Vincent. He let us in and we taught him the Restoration. The lesson was so smooth as we taught with unity. As we were teaching, he said that we were just telling him things that he already believes in. How cool is that! We are trying to meet with him this week and talked to his wife over the phone and she seems to be on board with us coming over so we will hopefully be teaching the two of them. Which is a miracle because the majority of the people on this little island are strong Catholics and won't even want to hear you out because their religion goes back through their families and no one wants to change from what their families believe, which is hard for us because everyone is related, haha.

With David, who I have been teaching for almost six months, hasn't been going anywhere. We, along with some of the members, feel that he is not willing to change and we can see that as he hasn't been keeping commitments, and that he avoids us when we try to get him rides to church and stuff. We think that because he is a retired man who lives by himself that he just wanted people to visit him. Which is alright by us, I just wish that he would just tell us. So we are planning on visiting him once in a while, but probably won't be teaching someone who really doesn't want to change.

Our District meeting was replaced by a worldwide missionary broadcast on teaching repentance and baptizing converts. One thing that Elder Bednar mentioned that stuck out to me was that we cannot control the outcome. Which is so true, everyone has their Agency, all we can to is invite them to act.

I gave a short, five minute talk today in church. It's hard not to give a talk in a small branch, which is awesome though. You are more likely to give a youth talk though mainly because their are only three of them. I could speak on anything and prayer came to my mind, but I thought that prayer was broad and talked about quite a bit (that's because it is important) but I focused on family prayer specifically.

Be Good. Be Worthy. Have Faith. -Elder Bednar
Hymn 112

Love, Elder Ray


Names Kleinkopf, Elder Kleinkopf.