Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Happy New Year

January 4, 2016

Dear Family,

It's 2k16!

We spent New Years Eve at the Dourte's house where they fed us Chinese food, which I think may be the first time a member has fed us Chinese food on my mission.

We were supposed to have Elder Smith by Thursday but his plane got delayed and so we picked him up on Saturday. He is awesome, he came more prepared starting his mission than I was. It's like he came pre-trained. Being in a trio is pretty crazy but fun though, it gives us more opportunities for things in the area. Elder Smith is from Calgary, Alberta, and he is here with us who knows how long because he is waiting for his visa for the states. His actual mission is in San Jose, California. So our mission lineage will be there down the road. But hey, he will still be on his mission when Elder Kleinkopf and I are home so we will have to visit him or something.

New Years day was pretty relaxed, most of it was time to update everything, make new plans and goals for the new year, should be great.

Had a great lesson this week with a less active member where the spirit was really strong as they shared an experience they once had at the temple. It's just crazy how people can have these experiences and still fall away, but I'm sure with time that they will make those commitments again.

Our investigator David kind of disappeared. After he came to church that one time he won't answer our phone calls and when we drop by he won't answer the door...Don't know what happened because there has been no contact.

Love You!!

Love Elder Ray


Had New Years Dinner with uh, a bunch of experienced ladies, yea I'll say that.

Mountains of snow that just sit around and never melt.

Elder Smith!!