Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Training

January 11, 2016

Dear Family,

Now that I am in a trio with Elder Kleinkopf and Elder Smith, we are able to visit single women because there is a rule that we have to have a third male. There are a few women in the branch that never could have missionaries over for dinner but are now allowed to, so we have a dinner appointment almost every night.

Since it is the start of a new transfer we had our zone training, as always. And I actually did quite a bit for this one. I recited a scripture for the group, was the chorister for the music, was part of a roleplay, and was called on at the end to bear my testimony. Luckily I didn't have to give a five minute talk because I didn't prepare one, haha. It was really fun though, they always uplift and enlighten for the start of a new transfer.

Training is pretty awesome, plus it's a review and refresh for myself as well. But Elder Smith is way more prepared than I was when I started my mission and just jumped right in to it. It's like he came pre-trained. It sucks that he has to go to San Jose eventually but he will do great there, and will take our mission lineage with him to California.

We spent a morning at the branch President's house helping him do chores for his farm animals, which was really fun. (I want a farm when I get home) He appreciated it, especially since he has a broken rib.

Our recent convert Tom was called to be church building coordinator and he signed up to clean the chapel and it was his first time, plus it was just him. So we went to assist, and the four of us got the whole building cleaned in an hour. But it's that quick when it's a phase one building, small.

We had a great experience over the weekend. Over the past couple of months the work for finding new investigators has been hard, but we were knocking in the cold/snow, you know the usual, and met this Paula, who let us right in. She said that her sons used to be involved in a church and that they fell away but would like them to learn more. She said that she was praying for an answer and then fell asleep, but then woke up to us at her door. We hope to meet with her family this week!

We had thirty-five people at church this Sunday, which I think is the highest since I have been here. It's growing, slowly but surely.

I am grateful for the area of Montague and for the opportunity I have to be serving here for as long as I have been.

Love You!

Love Elder Ray



Took a family photo at zone training.
Elder Smith, then Elder Kleinkopf and I are the parents,
then my parents and his parents, we left room for Elder Woodbury,
who already went home, to photoshop himself in.


Guess who's off the rock (Newfoundland) and is now on the island (PEI)?
My old companion Elder Sortomme.

Who wouldn't want to let these studs in?