Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Basketball

November 14, 2016

Dear Family,

After P-Day we stopped by this guy Edwardo, who we had a record of him meeting with missionaries in the past. He is from Cuba and has a lot of interesting beliefs and a lot of his questions can be answered through teaching the Restoration. What was cool though is that he built himself a little basement in his house. So you go through these curtains and in this little hallway you open up a trap door and walk down these small stairs into this little room, so we sat down there with him and talked. The walls were covered with sheets and it was just a little dirt room, almost felt like we were in...Cuba. Haha it was cool.

On Tuesday we had interviews with President Pratt and in it he told me to start looking for a job :( so if you have any ideas let me know!

Thursday morning we helped out at a soup kitchen serving lunch with another church that was also representing there.

Something cool that happened this week was on Friday we had planned a basketball game at the church with a few members, less actives, and potential investigators. It was a huge success, they loved being there and one of the hopefully soon to be investigators said that he didn't know that our church was there and that he likes it better and it is closer than the other one he was going to. Unfortunately he wasn't there on Sunday though. We plan to do basketball every Friday as long as no one is using the building and we will continue inviting people every week.

Love You's!

Love Elder Ray