Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Being a District Leader

April 18, 2016

Dear Family,

This week we helped a less active, who is only less active because she is allergic to smells and it would affect her badly with the people at church, do some gardening. And by gardening I mean digging and doing the heavy work getting an area prepared to plant. It was fun though.

Wednesday was my first district meeting as a district leader and it actually went pretty well, at least that was the feedback that I received afterward. Training made me a little nervous but it worked out, now I just have to do it every week for who knows how long, haha.

On Saturday we decided to work out in the areas of Shelburne and Lockeport, which are at the very edge of our area, an hour and a half drive away. Crazy, driving that long and still being in your own area. So we spent the day out there, seeing as how we rarely ever get to because it takes up so much time, but a miracle happened while we were there. We visited a less active member, who is less active for obvious reasons (distance to the church building), but is very active in the home. Her husband isn't a member and when they let us in they were about to watch Meet the Mormons, and they just finished watching the life of Thomas S. Monson, that's pretty cool. Her husband Lloyd, who we didn't know wasn't a member at the time,  talked as if he was a member. So when we asked him how long he was a member, he was like, "I'm not a member, but I hope to be someday." We were just like what!? All these thoughts of how this was going to work out were racing through my mind. He is on his third time reading the Book of Mormon and he loves the church, but he struggles with some things that will take time. Meeting will be hard but thank goodness for skype, which is what we are going to have to do, but good news is we can skype him into church, their situation being an exception.

Sometimes miracles fall right into your lap.

Love You!

Love Elder Ray


This was from last weeks trip to Newfoundland


It's been almost a year but I found another big chair.