Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Christmas Zone Conference

December 21, 2015

Dear Family,

This past week has been crazy....crazy awesome.

On Monday night we traveled to Amherst in Nova Scotia right before a snow storm hit, so that way we could get off the island and be there for the Christmas zone conference that was on Tuesday.

The zone conference was great, it started off with a devotional and a few talks from missionaries, but at the same time we were getting flu shots, haha it was very interesting. After that we had lunch and just got to hang out and enjoy each others company, something we don't get to do much. Then we had a talent show where you could choose to do something and I was a part of a few things actually. I did a back flip competition with sister Craeger and Elder Warner (yes I can do back flips on the ground now). Then I also sang with Elder Gibb and Elder Kleinkopf a parody that we all edited/wrote called Tractin' in A Winter Wonderland, all about our mission and the work, very funny. And the final part of the conference was a white elephant gift exchange, which can get pretty crazy with sixty people. I ended up with a little model of a Star Wars X-Wing (don't even talk about star wars right now). It was really fun and well needed for quite a few missionaries.

Afterwards there was almost a foot of snow and the storm continued so we had to spend another night in Amherst, where there were seven Elders total, and the power went out...

On Saturday we helped out by serving and cleaning up at a Curling/Lions club that was hosting a dinner for a work party, and we talked to almost a hundred people.

Our investigator David, who I have been teaching for four months so far, finally came to church for the first time, and he stayed all three hours!
It was the Christmas program and I think we sang every Christmas hymn in the book, no joke. The third hour we watched the Christmas Devotional. And after we had a linger longer (a potluck). It has been a great week, can't wait to see you on Christmas!

Love, Elder Ray


Christmas Zone Conference!


Merry Christmas!!