Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

First Baptism

October 19, 2015

Dear Family,

This week went by so fast, it was full of hard work. On Monday, Canadian Thanksgiving, we played rugby with the Charlottetown ward because we were invited, which was so fun, but definitely left all the missionaries sore for the week. We are just not as physical as we were before our missions I guess. We ended up eating three dinners. So here's what happened, we were spending the day with the Charlottetown Elders and Elder Larson bought us all pizza around three o'clock. While we were eating the DeVries called and asked if we could move dinner from five to four...so we did. I was full after eating with them and then we had another dinner at a recent converts house, Bernice. Oh man I was dying in that appointment, I have never forced so much food into my system before, haha. Oh well, is was our fault, but definitely a good day. After being that full we helped a less active stack firewood for the winter for the rest of the evening. Woohoo! First Canadian Thanksgiving!

We taught one of our investigators, David, about church attendance and the sacrament this week because he hasn't come to church yet and that is the next step for him. He did pray at the end of the lesson though which was a huge surprise to me because for the past several weeks he would always say,"you do it, I will do it next time," and he never did. So that was a big step for him.

Friday morning we get a call from John, who we didn't know, and he asked us if we could meet and that he was sitting in the church parking lot waiting... uh, yeah of course we will be there. We got to know him and I thought he would become a new investigator but it turns out that he is a lost less active that lives in our area but is on different missionaries records, so we hope to work with him more now. It was amazing that he came looking for us, it shows that people do still want to change and have God be a part of their life.

That same evening we were knocking and got a referral to go see a Catholic minister, I was like uh oh, here we go. But Tim, the minister, was really nice and we ended up talking for like an hour and a half. He was so interested in learning about our Faith just not in the converting part, he just wanted to know more. So we discussed religion and I learned quite a bit about the Catholic faith that I had never known, so it was a new experience. I love that being on a mission you learn more not only about your own faith but others as well.

Sunday evening was the best way to end the week. We had a baptism for Tom, the person that we have been working with and past missionaries have been working with for quite some time. It was amazing to see his life change in just this short time that I have been in Montague.

I love the area and hope to stay here for a while, even if it is pretty small.

Autumn may already be coming to an end, we woke up to it snowing outside this morning, first of the season.
Winter is Coming.

I love you all!!

Love, Elder Ray


Tom's Baptism! (Tom on the right)

New Brunswick East Zone Training


PEI Fall

I don't want to leave PEI!!


It's only mid October... too soon.



This is the Dourte's "personal beach" It is not too far behind their
house and no one ever goes there. ....I just want to touch the water


This is the ferry that is always coming in,
thought it was beautiful. (always bringing tourists)