Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Singing for Others

September 28, 2015

Dear Family,

Everyday it seems like PEI keeps getting more beautiful, and we are going into fall, so the color here should be really cool. The mornings and evenings are starting to get colder though and I have to prepare myself for the crazy winter to come, Aagh!

Last week when I talked about the 70 mile yard sale, and the Hillcrest United church gave us a plate of cookies, yeah, we joined their choir this week. A few weeks ago we were knocking and we were talking to this lady who is a part of the church choir and she invited us to go and sing with them, so imagine two missionaries walking into someone else's church unexpectedly and asking to join their choir. It was kind of awkward at first but they were very welcoming. So now I need to learn like ten Christmas songs for it, let's just hope that I will be here until Christmas because it would be sad to devote time and learn the songs and then move to a different area. It's a great way to get more involved with the community and even with other churches.

Pretty busy week for the Montague area, we had three lessons on Tuesday, which is quite a few for one day in this mission. We have committed our investigator David to baptism on November 14th, but he has been committed to baptism by many missionaries before and decided not to go through with it, so we are trying to focus on having him receive spiritual witness of the truth and that he will commit to his decision. We are also trying to help an excommunicated member come back to the church and rebaptism, which is very interesting because I have never had a situation such as this before.

We had personal interviews with President Pratt this week and they are always good, he definitely helps with anything we need, even if it is just to talk.

At all our dinner appointments this week we played Would You Rather... for the spiritual thought and related it to Agency, it was a fun activity and it really gets you thinking about the decisions you make and the results of them.

We did a little bit of service moving couches for one of our investigators, which I have moved quite a lot of couches on my mish, you would think I would be a professional at it by now.

On Saturday we had no appointments, just a full day of going out and talking to Heavenly Father's children. We had a referral from a few weeks ago that we tried to contact for weeks but no answer. So we dropped it. But all that morning I kept getting the thought that we should stop by and try one more time. So that is the first thing we did. There was a lady, her name is Rose, outside mowing her lawn and when we walked up she stopped right away and asked us to come in. We sat down and she gave us some orange juice and then started talking as if she already knew us. She expressed how she knew she needed God more in her life and that she had been waiting for something, then we showed up. We taught a short Restoration lesson that was very powerful, you could feel the spirit as we told the Joseph Smith story and bore testimony of the First Vision. She was sad as she asked us why more people wouldn't believe this. It was one of the most spiritual Restoration lesson's we have taught, and she wants to learn more and is excited to start reading the book of Mormon. Lately I have been saddened by all the daily rejection but I know that I am here to have moments like this one, to bless the few that are prepared to hear the gospel.

I love you all more than Dory loves her squishy!

Love Elder Ray



2 Nephi 32:3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost;
wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore,
I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold,
the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.






This is what a lot of PEI looks like, farms.