Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Biking

September 14, 2015

Dear Family,

For P-day on Monday we went and spent the day in Charlottetown with the Elders there and we helped one of the members do some gardening, which was new to me because a very small amount of people at home grow gardens because you really can't, it's hard. But here, everything grows without having to do much, you just have to take care of it. We got some fresh tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers out of it though so I'm going to see what I can make with those.

At one of our lessons with our investigator Joe we shared Jeffrey R. Holland's talk, Where Justice, Love and Mercy Meet, which I personally love the story in the talk because it shows that Christ will never let you fall, he will always be there to catch you and lift you back up.

We are working on helping two people to stop smoking, and they both are still struggling, but have cut down a lot and smoke a lot less. The majority of people here in the maritimes smokes, and I don't know if it is like that everywhere else but maybe I have just noticed it here more.

I do enjoy riding bikes, though some days I am more sore than others, but at the moment we are not riding them because Elder Shambrook popped his tire, so hopefully I can fix it soon and we can get back on them.

On Thursdays we have dinner with the branch President and his family. His wife, sister Dourte, attempted making some potatoes a new way and it came out with the consistency of glue, and then tried to add more in and it became chunky glue. But we still ate it. She asked us what the worst thing we had eaten on our missions was and honestly, it was the potatoes, but that's not what I told her. It was funny though and we all laughed about it.

Because Montague is a small town we have been trying to branch out to the surrounding areas, and a lot of it is farms. In Montague we would go knocking and a lot of the people would say that missionaries were here not that long ago. Yes, the town gets knocked a lot but very few are willing to listen, it is because they are so devoted to their families, which is good, but it makes it so that they won't even think about changing. So we picked a street on our map that hadn't been knocked that was a ways out, and we planned to go knocking for about two hours that day. We drive up, pumped for a new street, and come to a long, dirt road, and find out that there is only one house on that whole road, and they weren't even home. :(

Some people are just too funny. We were knocking and a ladies window was open and when we knocked on the door, we could hear her say to her sister to tell us that she wasn't interested. So her sister comes to the door, says that she doesn't live there, and that her sister is in the bathroom...lame excuse, I know. I just looked at her like, really? I can't really describe my face at the moment but it was almost like a mix of trying not to laugh, making sure I didn't call her out, and are you serious...some people.

Even though you do the same thing everyday, the people is what makes it worth it, what makes the days seem different. If everyone was alike I would not be able to have even made it this long, haha.

Love you all!
Be Safe, Be Strong
Live long and prosper.

Love Elder Ray



Our wonderful PEI district




Biking for days




...I am never not surprised when knocking


Do you ever have one of those moments
where you are doing missionary work and then SQUIRREL!!