Logan Picture

Logan Picture
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me;
yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. Alma 29:9

Birthday Party and Service Project

August 10, 2015

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the birthday package, it was amazing! I knew you were trying to make me fat with all the treats, haha. We had a district meeting on my birthday and Elder Wolvers made brownies to take, when we got there sister Hughes had cupcakes, oh it was awesome. Then the missionaries did the part I don't really enjoy...they sang happy birthday. All day was busy, busy, busy though, and at the end of the day I came home to a package from David and Shawna and family, plus a card from Grandpa Schnepf. Elder Wolvers and I have been living off of brownies, cake, and candy all week. My body tells me, oh no, but my mind says, oh yes.

With Gary we were actually worried that something happened to him, because we stopped by almost everyday and he didn't answer the door, the phone, we had no word from him. Finally, he called us and explained what happened. He had a friend that wanted him to sing at his mother's passing anniversary and he wasn't going to go. But last minute he decided to and because he doesn't have a car he hitch hiked there and was gone for most of the week, and he left his phone behind, so that' why he didn't answer, because he couldn't. So we did get back in to teach him though and we taught him what he needs before baptism but he has a few questions as he reads the book of Mormon. He will be baptized but we don't have a for sure date set anymore. I hope that it will happen before I have to leave Sackville.

We continue to meet with Owen about twice a week but he doesn't progress much. He likes it when we visit and talk more about the scriptures and he says that he is learning a lot, so that's good. He is reading the Book of Mormon for the second time, is almost done with the doctrine and covenants, and finished the pearl of great price. I think he has read almost more than I have. He seems to be into it for the historical part of it, not the spiritual.

Other than that it is pretty much the same, talking to people, visiting members, etc.

On Saturday we and the Elders Quorum helped sister Mackenzie tear down some walls and part of the ceiling in her home so that it will save her a couple of thousand dollars by not having to pay someone to do it. She is trying to get new walls built. It was dusty work but it was pretty good, definitely needed a shower after that.

I love you all and hope that everything is going well at home.

P.s. It gets really muggy and I feel like I am melting.
P.s.s I still miss Mexican food.

Love, Elder Ray


How can I be twenty?! Look I am already growing white hair.

I feel spoiled, Love the gifts.

District meeting, more like Party!


FOUR!

Service Projects!!